A map tells a story
Not a lie exactly, but not the whole truth.
For 8 months I lived in South Korea.
It occupies only a small portion of the map.
For 5 days I visited Hong Kong — and yet
the map makes me look fluent in Chinese.
Counting countries doesn’t mean much,
When it takes a hundred lifetimes to explore each.
Take on a slower sort of travel.
The world is not a checklist.
SIX WORD STORIES
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||A wonderful place to contemplate life.|
|Belgium||Try the beer and the waffles.|
|Cambodia||Angkor Wat is a must visit.|
|Canada||My home! Come visit… in summer.|
|Costa Rica||Learn to surf and see monkeys.|
|Croatia||Like the French Riveria, but cheaper.|
|Denmark||Crazy people who like to party.|
|France||Not for the faint of heart.|
|Germany||Great food. Great beer. Bad weather.|
|Guatemala||A sad history, a beautiful country.|
|Hong Kong||A city from the near future.|
|Hungary||Budapest is Europe’s most underrated city.|
|Italy||The pizza will change your life.|
|Japan||The cleanest big cities on earth.|
|Malaysia||Be sure to visit Batu Caves.|
|Mexico||I was young. It was hot.|
|Morocco||Whatever you expect, it will exceed.|
|Netherlands||Bikes everywhere! Be careful in Amsterdam…|
|Norway||Nature as you’ve never seen before.|
|Romania||A short visit. Good looking women.|
|Serbia||Great nightlife, friendly people, cheap prices!|
|South Korea||Try the street food. Avoid soju.|
|Spain||Spanish people are the happiest alive.|
|Thailand||Wait… or maybe Thai people are!|
|United States||Pacific Northwest region is highly underrated.|
|Vatican City||I’m not religious… worth a visit.|
|Vietnam||Motorbikes, motorbikes everywhere! And great food.|
So where do you want to visit first?
Life in France
- A Crowd for Charlie
- A Minute in Paris (VIDEO)
- Why Finding an Apartment in Paris Sucks
- Visiting Pere Lachaise Cemetery
- The Louvre: More Than The Mona Lisa
- Talking European Politics In Fuckin’ Draveil
- The Next Beggar (Poverty in Paris part 2)
- Rude Parisians: The angry man who sold used books
- Beggar With the Cards (Poverty in Paris part 1)
- Is something wrong with the tourists in Paris?
Life in Korea
- Is it Easy To Find A Job Teaching English in South Korea?
- 10 Students You Never Forget After Teaching ESL in Korea
- Korean Food Pictures Will Make You Want To Move There
- The Troll’s Tongue – Trolltunga Hike in Norway
- Nomads in Norway
- Belgian Beer Weekend – The Best Beers I’ve Ever Tasted
- Jet Lagged in Brussels
Or, why not try my most popular ever post? We’re Told Not to Travel
Monday Morning Travel Vlog
The Best Travel Tips Around!